Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Zero Day in Stehekin

8/26/13
PCT mile - Stehekin - no hiking!

I forgot to mention that last night for dinner we were joined by Pigpen, who I mentioned earlier, and another thru hiker named Tare Bare who we would see later in Manning Park Canada. Both professional men and good conversationalists although we all looked ragged and homeless, Peggy and I are showered and laundered and feel so much better! 
I slept until 9 am, Peggy had been up, eaten her pastry and checked at the post office for our packages.  I got up, hobbling on feet that felt beaten, snarked down my cinnamon roll and got dressed. There were chores to do!  First was drying out my tent & both our ground sheets in an out of the way place. When I got back the Post had opened and Peggy had our resupply boxes.  We repacked our food, noted what we needed to buy and went to the store for supplies. Not much was there but I bought some things that would supplement the food I'd already packed. Made reservations for dinner again, got a permit to camp in the North Cascades Park the night we leave here, found the computer that is available to guests and contacted family via email since there is no cell service here. 
You get the picture, chores and eating were primary concerns and took a lot of our time.  When on the bus to dinner we had great conversations with guests, people who were interesting to talk to and many interested in our adventure. We were set to leave on the 8 am bus tomorrow to High Bridge Ranger Station where the trail headed north.

Sorry no photos, my phone was requiring me to delete programs in order to have  enough room for photos for the last 7 day section.

No comments:

Post a Comment