Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

5/27/14 Tuesday. One Last Zero in Mojave

It's lovely sleeping between sheets, not searching for water, waking whenever we want and having breakfast with family. Ed and Linda are leaving today after breakfast, I'm so glad to have met them. Last year Peggy met my family & friends as we hiked Washington and this year I've met her family and friends through California.  We had a wonderful visit and now Ed & Linda are part of our story. 
Ed & Linda Rice you refreshed us!
Peggy, her Dad & Linda.  
We will finish our chores today, call around to see if we can get a ride back to the trail tomorrow morning, walk to the post office to mail our new resupply box to Lake Isabella, buy me a paperback book as my 1 luxury item that I carry.  Peggy & I trade my book when I'm done for her Kindle and whatever I want to read from her extensive list. Mostly today we need to rest with feet up and rehydrate. 
I covet your prayers and thoughts as we push on to the next section, I am anxious to see Robin who will be coming to pick us up in early June just inside the Sierra Mountains.  We've almost completed the 1st leg of California hiking 566 miles.  Robin will pick us up in another 250 miles or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment