Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Resting Up

8/11/13
Zero day in Redmond, Washington

This was the lovely sunset over the lake last night.
 We continued to repack and repair, washing the last items and making a list of items needed at the store. 
My niece, Geneva, her husband Kurt and baby Charlotte came to visit and play in the lake.
I got to see my cousin Kimball, who I've not seen for at least 36 years, and his wife, Jackie.  This is Maggie, Alan, me, Kimball and Jackie after a nice visit and lunch. 
Maggie and Alan took us shopping later and I got new shoes, my others having died valiantly trying to carry me up so many mountains and back down the other side. These are Brooks Cascadias, they have heavier lugged soles, are lighter but have the nice big toe box that I like. I hope they last for the remainder of the trail!
They only came in this color!
It's late and we leave for the pass at 6am tomorrow so I must get to sleep. We looked at this next section and we gain 20,800' and lose most of it, gaining only 1,000+ ' in the end. We hope to arrive at Steven's Pass in 5 days and if there's not cell service I won't be able to post the journal until I get there. We leave rested and with full tummies!

No comments:

Post a Comment